"We must achieve the character and acquire the skills to live much poorer than we do. We must waste less. We must do more for ourselves and for each other. It is either that or continue merely to think and talk about changes that we are inviting catastrophe to make. The great obstacle is simply this: the conviction that we cannot change because we are dependant on what is wrong. But that is the addict's excuse, and we know that it will not do."
—Wendell Berry

Saturday 31 December 2011

Gobbles

Meet two new additions to the Cloud Farm. Gobbles and Mrs Gobbles.
I love turkeys! I love the way they strut around puffed up sort of like a galleon under full sail. I love the way they have to be involved with everything I do and have a comment for everything. I also love the way they taste.
I picked these two up when visiting a friend last week. He'd just had a dozen turkeys dumped on him and had no where for them to go. I agreed to take two as I wanted a breeding pair again. However I knew this would cause some problems at home as the child bride had given me specific instructions to not bring anything new home without consulting her first. Ever tried to hide turkeys? I stashed them in a spare pen and waited to see how long it would take for her to make the discovery. Three days. Not bad considering. I was in the poo for a while until both neighbours asked if we would be selling turkey next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment